They are found at the nave near the baptistry. These pillars are made of marble and were erected upside down by mistake when Bishop Steere was away, by the time he came back it was too late to rectify the mistake.
Memorial Window To Sailors Of British Navy
To the left of the entrance there is a bell tower. The clock in the tower was a present by Seyyid Barghash (Sultan of Zanzibar 1870-88) at whose request the tower was built slightly lower than that of his own palace, the Beit-El-Ajaib.
Bishop's Throne And 14 Cannon Stalls
Behind the altar, eastern fashion, are the bishop's throne and 14 locally carved stalls, a memorial to bishop Smythies (1883-94). Above the stalls are copper panels representing old testament figures. Above are 30 figures of angles representing the "rainbow around about the throne" (Rev, iv, 3).
Window In Memory Of The Missionaries Of UMCA
On the south wall near to the altar there is a stained-glass window. Below the window there are two copper plates dedicated a memorial of Livingstone and other missionaries of the UMCA for the service they offered to the church.
Bishop Steere’s Grave
At the foot of bishop's throne behind the high alter is the grave of bishop Steere. Bishop Steere died in 1882 after a heart attack. The inscription on the grave in Swahili reads: “Here lies the body of Edward Steere our third bishop, who died in August 27 1882”.
The Choir And Congregants
The choir seats on the left side before the altar while the rest of the congregants seats on the two sides from Nave path.